Probiotic Coconut Yogurt
Optimized for a Healthy Gut
Supports Immune Health, Digestive Health & Protein Utilization
60 Billion Probiotics per 4oz
Science-backed Pro- and Prebiotics
Dairy free, 3 ingredients only
Lead Probiotic can survives 10x more effectively than yogurt cultures
Amazingly creamy & delicious
Plain | Bourbon Vanilla | Chocolate
Our Yogurt formulation principles:
- Use research-backed Probiotics to ensure that benefits are real
- Use researched-backed Prebiotics to encourage good bacteria diversity
- Use a healthy fat source which can support the build up of the gut lining
- Must not have ingredients which compromise gut health
- Use a container which is not toxic and can be truly recycled
- Must be delicious and have a great creamy texture
An important note on probiotics:
As many Probiotic strains may not survive the stomach acids, and even if they survive their function in the gut, if any, remains unclear, Living Cultures Superfoods has carefully formulated an unmet and unique probiotic blend for our coconut yogurts, which includes well researched and published Probiotic sub-strains including Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 and Bacillus Coagulant GBI 8086. Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 8086 survives 10x more effective than yogurt cultures and more than 20 studies have shown that the amount of Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 8086 in only 2oz of our yogurts support digestive health, support immune health and supports protein utilization. Even though most companies simply extrapolate research data from scientifically proven probiotic sub-strains (ie Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1) to generic probiotic strains (ie Lactobacillus Acidophilus), Living Cultures Superfoods Coconut Yogurt Probiotic blend goes the extra mile to give you the confidence that the benefits of the probiotics are actually real and not just claimed. For more detailed information visit our educational section.
- mild, creamy, smooth and fresh coconut taste
- crisp, fresh and clean
- luxurious, dense, decadent and silky
- once you’ve tried it, there is no going back
- Supports digestive Health: Studies have shown that Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 survives gastric transit to germinate in the intestines and reduce abdominal pain and bloating, reduce post prandial gas, inhibit multiple pathogenic strains commonly found in the intestines and enhance utilization of consumed nutrients (eat 2oz or more daily to maximize the benefits).
- Supports immune Health: Studies have shown that when the body is challenged Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 helps to regulate the protective cytokines which help fight the challenge (eat 2oz or more daily to maximize the benefits).
- Supports Protein Utilization: A recent study using Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 demonstrated a decrease in recovery time as measured be a reduction in muscle swelling, reduction in blood creatine kinase levels, decrease in soreness, increase in perceived recovery, increase I power and an increase in amino acid levels (eat 4oz or more daily to maximize the benefits).
- When consuming science backed Prebiotics we nourish the good bacteria, which are already in the colon. Prebiotics are a fertilizer for the good bacteria and thus can improve the diversity of the good bacteria as well as the good-to-bad bacteria ratio. This ratio is critical to your health and wellbeing.
- Coconuts are today classified as a Superfood. We are mostly interested in the positive effects on the gut function based on the medium chain triglycerides as found in the coconut fat. We also love that coconut fats are metabolized very different from most other fats and thus may support weight management.
Coconut Milk (Spring Water, Coconut Milk Powder), Prebiotic (Chicory Root Fiber Inulin-FOS), Probiotics (Non-dairy Proprietary Blend, including Superbiotic Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086, Organic Inulin; Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1).*
Coconut Milk (Spring Water, Coconut Milk Powder), Vanilla Bean Powder, Prebiotic (Chicory Root Fiber Inulin-FOS, Probiotics (Non-dairy Proprietary Blend, including Superbiotic Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086, Organic Inulin; Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1).*
Coconut Milk (Spring Water, Coconut Milk Powder), Organic Cacao Powder, Prebiotic (Chicory Root Fiber Inulin-FOS, Organic Vanilla- and Almond Extract, Probiotics (Non-dairy Proprietary Active-Culture Blend, including Superbiotic Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086, Organic Inulin; Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1).*
*Processed in a facility which may also process dairy, egg, tree nuts, wheat, fish, crutscean shellfish, soybean. Contains Coconut. May contain trace amounts of milk protein.
Scientifically Proven & Research-Backed
Companies are using the term probiotic loosely to promote their products to consumers. Scientist are concerned that the differences in probiotic strains are significant, and thus, to know if a strain does actually support the consumers health, scientific research is necessary. Studies can only being performed on a strain with a unique strain identifier or strain designation. A strain designation can be identified by a suffix after the name of the strain.
A strain of probiotic such as Lactobacillus Acidophilus is described by the genus (ie Lactobacillus), the species (ie Acidophilus) and the specific strain designation / suffix (ie DDS-1). There are many Lactobacillus Acidophilus strains and they can differ strongly in survival stability and health benefits, if any. Therefore it is crucial to always look for the information provided on the specific strain designation (suffix)
A true probiotic, which gives the consumer sufficient confidence that it really works, requires the complete documentation of the type of bacteria (genus, species and strain designation; ie Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 8086), information about the potency which is required to experience health effects (ie 1billion per day) and the extent of research that has been published on health effects.
Our dairy free Probiotic Coconut Yogurt is backed up by research. It contains bacteria which are identified by genus, species and strain designation / suffix. The amount of bacteria which is necessary to be consumed to experience immune health and digestive health support is established and the extent of research that has been published on health effects is large and continues to grow. In addition a study conducted at a 3rd party lab of a simulated gastric environment with a pH of 2.0 for two hours, Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30 6086 cells were delivered 10x more effectively than yogurt cultures.
- Guar gum
- Added sweeteners
- Artificial flavors
We recommend to eat 2oz daily to experience the full probiotic value. The probiotic power of this yogurt is so high, that already a 2oz serving will support your immune health as well as your digestive health. But as the yogurt is so yummy we hear from many customers that they even eat up to 6oz or more.
If you are not used to eat healthy fats such as coconut oil or avocados and nuts, we recommend that your build up the amount you eat per serving slowly.
The given shelf life is one month, but we have tested it for much longer. We recommend to consume the Yogurt within one week. After opening the jars, please avoid contamination of the yogurt. Double dipping with a spoon or leaving the jar open or outside the fridge for a longer time, may contaminate the yogurt.
As the bacteria in the yogurt are active and alive, the yogurt will get slightly more tart over time as the fermentation process continues. Slight texture variations should also be expected. These are normal changes and a testimonial of the quality of a real food probiotic yogurt.